TimeBank Media seeks to reweave the Greater Media, PA community through an extended, volunteer-based 'circle of giving.'
We adhere to the Core Values of Timebanking:
- We are all assets. Everyone has something to contribute
- Some work is beyond price: Work is redefined to value, honor, record, and reward whatever it takes to raise healthy children, build strong families, revitalize neighborhoods, make democracy work, advance social justice, and make the planet sustainable.
- Helping works better as a two-way street. The question, "How can I help you?"must be changed to ask, "How can we help each other build the world we both will live in?"
- We need each other. People helping each other reweave communities of support, strength, and trust. Community is built upon roots, trust, and networks of mutual respect and commitment.
- Respect demands accountability: The voices of all must be heard and heeded toward the aims of promoting social justice and compelling accountability.
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured. -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. The abundant heart does not consider service a punishment or sharing a burden. Rather, it sees the unmet needs of the community as if they were those of a loved one and acts to meet them. --Stephen Shirk